Thursday 22 June 2017

The Terrified Flyer.

So, it's taken quite some time to get me here.. To this point.. Writing to you, who ever you are.
I'm pleased to meet you. No, honestly I am. You've taken the time out of your busy day to come here and read my little blog. You go Glen Coco.

And here's the actual "So"

So.. Over the past 2 years I have done my fair share of travel - By my standards. I've seen and been to places over those 2 years that I would never, even in a million years have dreamt of visiting.
Despite the fact that it would be fairly easy to explain why I never travelled that vastly before, I won't. Instead, it would be easier to explain why I now do travel... And the truth of the matter for me is that: Travel = Therapy.

The pure enthralment of discovering things I've never seen before.. The way it penetrates my memory. It's this process of creating memories, that is the very process that heals my soul. The allowance of forgetting the before, it's silent injustices, it's unsaid bitterness', the monotony that mocks the eternal sunshine of your very core, it's visual imprints.

  Life really does get in the way of things doesn't it? It seems like I've put my life on hold the whole time, if that makes any sense...  If it wasn't one thing, it would be something else. And there always seemed to be an excuse as to why I didn't  move forward. Stagnant, like the shit on the bottom of an empty pond. Yep, that was me. Written across me for only the most observant of people to see. Stagnant.

I must admit, it just seems as if all of these things we're lost on the moment I found the courage to get on a plane and leave all that behind, like my life.. Putting off getting aboard a plane and taking that flight was just another thing I put on hold. The fear of letting go to the things I can't control just to keep pushing down harder on the things inside I was trying to hide, instead of whole heartedly ripping off that plaster and being faced with that skin burning fear to spill from me, and reveal who I really was inside.

Human. I am a Human. Put on this planet to walk the earth. NOT FLY. You can see my issue here..
My body and soul are two different things. But, I did it.. Like all the other things I fear from spilling from my heart and soul.. I conquered it. Slowly, but surely I conquer. Continue to conquer.
Feeling by feeling, Person by person, country by country.
I'm finally alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment